Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Mothers Volcano Room

I am locked in a basement room with a small group of people; we locked ourselves in to escape something but now we are trapped. There is panic and confusion: we need to get out because we are all terminally ill. Yes, we are all dying, we have a sickness that will soon kill us all and we need to get out to alert the rest of the world to our predicament.

For the first time I notice the walls are throbbing: they pulsate red and orange light, move slowly to the ground, like a lava flow. Patterns emerge and sink back into the flow: flowers and paisley, strangely old fashioned, domestic - mother’s volcano room.

I am distracted from the walls by a terrible roar from outside the door. As loud and impressive as a Lion a terrible creature is at the door and wants to get in. His roar rips through my body and causes a wind to blow in the room: I am gripped by terror and wake up.

No comments: