Friday, July 20, 2007

Red dress running

I am running in the streets of the neighbourhood where I grew up. It is dark, I asses myself to be on Woodland Road or Coppice Road, about 10 minutes walk from my home.

I am barefoot, wearing the short, see through, crepe cotton nighty that I am asleep in - running, running, running.

My legs are strong and I find that I run well. I have the steady and confident pace of a long distance runner who knows well the length of the course and how to set a pace that assures completion.

Looking down at my nighty I realize that I have nothing with me, no key, and I wonder "how will I get in the house when I get there (I am going home)? Why did I leave bringing nothing with me?"

But onwards I run, keep running, keep running, keep a steady pace, do not fear....

and I continue to move with sureness and ease, pacing myself well for the distance ahead and a finish line that I cannot yet see.

No comments: