Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Terror, terror, terror 1 ...

 Two consecutive dreams:

I am on an adventure with 2 others, like a magical quest. We are travelling along paths finding magical clues such as a wooden ring. With each clue is a little food - some seeds, nuts, the brain of a mouse, I think? We eat the food that is part of the magical quest.

We arrive on a beach, my old red Bedford Rascal van is there! Much loved I used to travel off on adventures and sleep in it often. I let my two companions into the back. The man begins to look a little dizzy though and then he says "get me help, I have been poisoned!".

Then the second person becomes ill and I start to feel ill. We all simultaneously realise that the magic foods we ate on our quest were all laced with poison!

I see a man coming down the beach. He is about 70, fat in a suit, - bald with gross long wisps of white hair, pudgy lips and glasses. A toad of a man, I think he even carries a clip board. I realise he is the poisoner and that if he reaches us, he will do terrible things.

I try to shut the door on my friends in the back of the van to keep them safe. Only my body is now also responding to the poison and the first time it doesn't close correctly. Second try I think it closes, it will have to be good enough and I walk through treacle to the front drivers seat.

I am trying to get in and to hit the central locking system before he reaches us ...

I wake up here in terror.

The only way I can get back to sleep is by repeatedly imagining that I get inside in time, that I pass out on the steering wheel setting off the horn. This alerts people on the promenade and they come to save us thwarting the odious man. Imagining this many times brings my nervous system down until my next dream ...

No comments: