Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Terror, terror, terror 2 ...

 I am back with my 2 adventuring friends. We are at the edge of a cave now in the mountains.

My male friend looks into the cave and starts to say "terra ... terra ... terra ..." *

He is frozen with fear looking and I look to what he sees ...

He then says "a Pterodactyl has her, a Pterodactyl!"

I see a Pterodactyl emerging from the cave (its beak actually is a little like a Pelican interestingly ...). In its mouth is a woman - her face peers out from its throat, her arms are poking out of the mouth wrapped awkwardly around he head. She looks for all the world like a baby being born out of the Pterodactyl's mouth.

The Pterodactyl picks up pace and runs off the cliff edge soaring into the sky. I remain connected with the woman's feelings of terror. She is now soaring above the earth leaving her in a terrible dilema. She longs to kick and break free of the Pterodactyl's mouth. However the animal now keeps her safe from plummeting to the ground.

Later relaying this dream to someone I realise that the "terra ... terra ... terra ..." sounds like the word terror, terror, terror - the predominant feeling of this and the previous dream on the same night.

I also note all the birth symbolism in this one. She looks like a baby being born though she is adult. I can sense / feel her body curled up in the Pterodactyl stomache like a baby in the womb. The bill of the Pterodactyl is "like a Pelican" that delivers baby's in folk lore.

It also made me think of the existential terror and dependancy of an infant, upon the adult who carries it - if that adult is in anyway unsafe.

No comments: