Friday, May 5, 2023

A Bull in the Bedroom

 I am back at my childhood home, not been here in dreamtime for a long time!

I am in my brothers bedroom, there is a bull in there (or maybe a bullock?). It is asleep, I try to adjust its bedding without waking it. But it awakes, it is pleased to see me, I run to the other corner of the room a little scared. I sit down, it nuzzles its head in my lap, I stroke the curly mop of hair on its head which is soft.

Next it bounds off downstairs - who on earth put a bull in the bedroom I wonder? - of course it needs to go outside! I bound downstairs after it, there is a dog (Gigi), a cat, some birds and a frog. I worry about their safety with these hooves bounding around and spend some time getting them to safety in the hall. 

Next I head into the kitchen where the bull headed. I can't see it but there is mess, straw and shit in the room. The it bursts out from under the pine kitchen table, I wonder how it fitted under there, it is clearly bigger than the space it just came out of. Again it is not scary, just big and with lots of energy!

Some significances

It begins in my brothers bedroom. I think this dream is to do with power! In the power dynamics between me and my sibling, my brother held the power being 4 years older. The bull though seems to be friends with me.

His mop of hair on his head is a little like the curls on the head of Rusty, my first dog, a springer spaniel. In breathwork and other work, I have understood Rusty to be a great healer of mine. He grounded me, bought me unconditional love, presence and joy. Springers are also very enthusiastic, in the way the bull was bounding around! Where the bull emerges from under the kitchen table - this was Rusty's sleeping place.

I have been doing some somatic movement exercises recently, using pandiculation to release tension stored in muscles which probably come as a result of early trauma. I wonder at some of the energy and enthusiasm - and along with this power - that may become available to me as I unfurl these tight springs of stored energy waiting to be released!

I have also been reflecting on the qualities of the King of Pentacles, how his "enthusiasm and willingness" that he brings to life generates wealth 

https://www.elliotoracle.com/blog/2017/8/18/the-card-of-the-day-the-king-of-pentacles

No comments: