Saturday, July 15, 2023

Plural self states

Lucid Dream Early Morning:

I am offering Transforming Touch (the main touch modality I use)  to someone in my therapy room. I am leaning over them on the table offering the criss cross (touching left shoulder to right hip). It’s a woman on the table - as Iook at her I wonder for a moment, is it me? It looks like a younger version of me.

I continue working and close my eyes for a few moments to better 'feel' and intuit, as I do sometimes in my work. I feel unnerved all of a sudden, I know something is about to happen. It's a feeling like you get in a 'haunted house' when you get a cold shiver move through you.

A voice speaks from the body I am touching, it’s a man’s voice, I don't recollect what he said. I recall that the voice perhaps came from somewhere lower down on her body, maybe her heart. In the dream I open my eyes quickly, startled. The woman (me?) has her eyes closed and is in a deep rest state. I wonder to myself - did she hear the mans voice?

I drift back to wakefulness, its a very small distance as the dream was lucid and in a light sleep.

I lie reflecting for a while - my body in the dream reacted with 'shivers' like when we meet a ghost. It was a bit scary, reminding me of a 'haunting' or 'possession'. However I also knew deeper down that it's all ok and that this voice needs to be heard. I have been reading about Plural-Self states and feel this voice is one of the "we" within "me" and has always been there. 

No comments: