Thursday, June 27, 2024

Bunny

 I am living in an upstairs flat, an attic room.

A white bunny appears! I find it in the bathroom, I think it belongs to someone else and wonder why they have been neglecting it in the bathroom. "You should take better care of it" I say.

It is running around the bedroom now very fast. It runs and runs the slips between the railings at the top of the stairs (old fashioned wooden ones) and hurtles into the void of the stairwell. I run towards the stairs in shock certain it must be dead. But it is limping up the stairs with its right paw held infront and rigid looking very sorry for itself (a bit like our dog Gigi would with phantom paw pain when she wanted some attention).

Next I find myself looking at a city map. I am going to vote with someone, they (or i?) are disabled, we are looking at the map to work out the route to disabled voting. We step down into the tube tunnels and are on our way. Suddenly I remember, Bunny! What has happened to her?

I run looking around in panic wondering where she is. I see her then in a long empty underground tunnel, one of the older ones with discoloured, yellowing ceramic tiles. She looks so vulnerable there in the tunnel all alone.

No comments: