Thursday, June 27, 2024

A constellation for dead people

 I am in a big round ceremonial tent - there are lots of dead people in it.

A few live people are around me including Sarah and Am, a black woman funeral celebrant. I am going to do a constellation for the dead people and they are helping me.

We lay all the dead people in a circle with one in the centre of the circle. I sense in the dream that they were not related before their death but they are related in death, and that the relationship all orbits around the one in the centre. E.g. perhaps a train driver and people who died in a train crash he caused - it is not this - but something like it.

I ask Am to go and represent for the dead person in the centre.

She stands by the body (I am not sure, is it a he? yes I think so ...) and begins speaking. "I am getting steam, yes its the age of steam and of trains. It is this era". She says some more. I say "that's great, now can you tell me, do you feel any relationship with any of the other people in the circle?" Other live people begin moving towards the dead people in the circle about to represent for them too ...

At that moment a pigeon flies in chaotically and thwaks on the back of the tent. Then another pigeon and even more ... I can see a great flock of them appearing on the horizon from miles around all heading towards the entrance to the tent.

The pigeons flock on the dead body in the centre. They are all pecking on the body just like they do in our garden when we put down handfuls of seed. They are not tearing at the flesh though, the beak pecking is delicate, not harmful, precise - maybe they are even cleansing the body somehow?

As they peck the dead body I know and feel that they are pecking my body too even though I cannot see the pigeons on me I can feel it ...

We all run out of the tent eventually. There is a phase where I am having a shower, I am trying to wash conditioner out of my hair but the tap is a dribble, Sarah says not to worry it will come out. She is right I think as I feel my hair going nice and soft and clean.

Eventually we gather to go back to the tent and continue constellating, but we discover the tent and all the dead bodies are gone! Some of our assistants say "oh sorry, we thought you had finished so we packed everything away". I get the sense it has all been packed into a lorry.

Something feels ok about that in the dream and I am not perturbed.

Now awake I feel maybe the pigeons had done the work and there was no more constellating to be done? I look up the spiritual meaning of pigeons and find this which feels right:

"pigeons symbolize triumph, resilience, and personal growth. They guide through challenges, encouraging virtues like mercy and forgiveness. Spiritual Guidance And Dream Meanings: Pigeons serve as messengers, delivering messages of peace."

https://hellofearless.com/blogs/blog/pigeon-spiritual-meaning-dream-meaning-symbolism-more




No comments: