Monday, August 21, 2017

St Rose and her face

A few nights ago I had a sentient dream. I was looking in a very old mirror, and my face was all blistered. I looked down at my body and the blisters were no where else, just on my face. I didn't really have any feeling about the blisters - though others were alarmed by them - they were just there. I go the feeling they would repel others, but didn't seem to have any feeling about that. My hair was also cut short.

Today I was at Westminster Cathedral. It is my "baptism" day today, when I complete the transition to Rose as my new name. At the Cathedral I learned about St Rose of Lima. She was very pretty, so rubbed pepper into her face to make it blister, to deter suitors, so she could continue her spiritual path.

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=446

No comments: